Want to go green when you clean?
Did you know, many easily accessible natural ingredients are effective cleaning agents and disinfectants? When used correctly, they can provide a cheaper, safer and environmentally friendly solution to your household cleaning needs.
- Many store-bought cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can be hazardous to your family and pets
- They are typically packaged in disposable plastic containers, which end up in our waste stream
- And they're expensive, especially when different products are offered for just about every area of your home
To get started you'll need just a few natural ingredients, many you'll probably already have in the pantry:
- Bicarb Soda - cleans, deodorises, softens water and is a good scouring powder
- White vinegar - cuts grease, and is a deodoriser and mild disinfectant
- Pure soap - is a general purpose cleaner that biodegrades completely
- Lemon juice - is a mild bleach, a deodorant, and a cleaning agent
- Washing soda - cuts grease and removes stains
Download the Easy Green Cleaning guide for more information and "recipes" to create your own green-cleaning products.